Investor Charter - Depository Participants
Towards making Indian Securities Market - Transparent, Efficient, & Investor friendly by providing safe, reliable, transparent and trusted record keeping platform for investors to hold and transfer securities in dematerialized form.
- To hold securities of investors in dematerialised form and facilitate its transfer, while ensuring safekeeping of securities and protecting interest of investors.
- To provide timely and accurate information to investors with regard to their holding and transfer of securities held by them.
- To provide the highest standards of investor education, investor awareness and timely services so as to enhance Investor Protection and create awareness about Investor Rights.
3. Details of business transacted by the Depository and Depository Participant (DP)
A Depository is an organization which holds securities of investors in electronic form. Depositories provide services to various market participants - Exchanges, Clearing Corporations, Depository Participants (DPs), Issuers and Investors in both primary as well as secondary markets. The depository carries out its activities through its agents which are known as Depository Participants (DP).
Details available on the link https://www.cdslindia.com/DP/dplist.aspx
4. Description of services provided by the Depository through Depository Participants (DP) to investors(1) Basic Services
|1||Dematerialization of securities||7 days|
|2||Rematerialization of securities||7 days|
|3||Mutual Fund Conversion / Destatementization||5 days|
|4||Re-conversion / Restatementisation of Mutual fund units||7 days|
|5||Transmission of securities||7 days|
|6||Registering pledge request||15 days|
|7||Closure of demat account||30 days|
|8||Settlement Instruction||Depositories to accept physical DIS for pay-in of securities upto 4 p.m and DIS in electronic form upto 6 p.m on T+1 day|
(2) Depositories provide special services like pledge, hypothecation, internet based services etc. in addition to their core services and these include
|1||Value Added Services||Depositories also provide value added services such as
a. Basic Services Demat Account (BSDA)
b. Transposition cum dematerialization
c. Linkages with Clearing System
d. Distribution of cash and non-cash corporate benefits (Bonus, Rights, IPOs etc.), stock lending.
|2||Consolidated Account statement (CAS)||CAS is issued 10 days from the end of the month (if there were transactions in the previous month) or half yearly(if no transactions) .
|3||Digitalization of services provided by the depositories||Depositories offer below technology solutions and e-facilities to their demat account holders through DPs:
a. E-account opening
b. Online instructions for execution
c. e-DIS / Demat Gateway
d. e-CAS facility
e. Miscellaneous services
5. Details of Grievance Redressal Mechanism
(1) The Process of investor grievance redressal
|1||Investor Complaint/ Grievances||Investor can lodge complaint/ grievance against the Depository/DP in the following ways: a. Electronic mode -
(i) SCORES (a web based centralized grievance redressal system of SEBI)
(ii) Respective Depository's web portal dedicated for the filing of compliant
(iii) Emails to designated email IDs of Depository - email@example.com. Emails to designated email IDs of Depository participants - firstname.lastname@example.org
The complaints/ grievances lodged directly with the Depository shall be resolved within 30 days.
|2||Investor Grievance Redressal Committee of Depository||If no amicable resolution is arrived, then the Investor has the option to refer the complaint/ grievance to the Grievance Redressal Committee (GRC) of the Depository. Upon receipt of reference, the GRC will endeavor to resolve the complaint/ grievance by hearing the parties, and examining the necessary information and documents|
|3||Arbitration proceedings||The Investor may also avail the arbitration mechanism set out in the Byelaws and Business Rules/Operating Instructions of the Depository in relation to any grievance, or dispute relating to depository services. The arbitration reference shall be concluded by way of issue of an arbitral award within 4 months from the date of appointment of arbitrator(s).|
(2) For the Multi-level complaint resolution mechanism available at the Depositories please refer to link Complaint Resolution process at Depositories
6. Guidance pertaining to special circumstances related to market activities: Termination of the Depository Participant
|1||Client will have a right to transfer all its securities to any other Participant of its choice without any charges for the transfer within 30 days from the date of intimation by way of letter/email.|
7. Dos and Don'ts for Investors
For Do's and Don'ts please refer to the link Dos and Don'ts for Investor
8. Rights of investors
For rights please refer to the link Rights of investors
9. Responsibilities of Investors
For responsibilities please refer to the link Responsibilities of Investors
Investor Complaints Data for the month of Nov 2023 (Depository Participant)
Carried forward from previous month
Received during the month
Pending at the end of the month
Average Resolution time (in days)
|Pending for less than 3 months||Pending for more than 3 months|
|1||Directly from Investors||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4||Other Sources (if any)||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Trend of monthly disposal of complaints
Carried forward from previous month
Trend of annual disposal of complaints
|SN||Year||Carried forward from previous year||Received during the year||Resolved during the year||Pending at the end of the year|